(Gallery Is At Page Bottom)Hi there, it has been a little bit since I posted. If you are reading this, then congratulations. 🙂 If there was a time to check-in on what I’m up to, then this would be it! As we are in our last official month of Spring, my opinions of how business went this past season, are strong. There were some major letdowns, some missed connections, and some budget gaps. There are some incredibly courageous entrepreneurs out there, and I’m working with some of the top best! Mostly, everyone I’m working with has been hustling since before “the election.” I can see that everyone is doing their best, which is promising in my mind!
News FlashesMy “Pin and Eye” photographic exhibit at Children’s Museum of Phoenix will be opening at the beginning of Summer 2017. This is my first-ever (inaugural) Art show. 6 photographs will be shown inside the museum, in the “Pit Stop” area. The name of my show is: Who are “Pin and Eye?” The show will last at least 3-months.
COOL ANNOUNCEMENT!A replica of “Pin and Eye” — housed in a clear plexiglass diorama — has been requested by the museum. They are putting this “Pin and Eye” diorama display right on their front Admission Desk! Down low… so the little kids can gawk at it. I am thrilled that “Pin and Eye” are getting the spotlight! There are two other BIG announcements that I can make… but I’ll cool off on the “Pin and Eye” photo exhibition news for now. Check back soon!
CLICK HERE to Like the “Pin and Eye” FB page @pinandeyeforever. I’ll keep improving it as I inch towards the Summertime launch. I am in full production mode now!
Co-Authoring AnnouncementI have joyfully completed my work on the First Edition of a new reference book. I am listed as a co-author on the “Modern Superfood Nutrients” e-book, alongside Clinical Herbalists Yarrow Willard, and Angela Willard. They are my clients, and this is one of several projects for their business, Harmonic Arts Botanical Dispensary, that I have joined in on. Beginning this Sunday on FB LIVE, Yarrow will be broadcasting the launch of this book… which has taken us four months (a team of 5) to complete. We are all so happy for ourselves, and proud to give this vital reference book away for FREE to our online communities.
CLICK HERE to get with the Harmonic Arts Botanical Dispensary FB Page.
New Clients & ServicesI’d like to publicly welcome a new client, Native303.com. They are planning some changes to their online business that I will help to refine and coordinate. I’m happy to say that we have already blasted-off for our first 5-hour package together. I can talk more about this soon. But, my first deliverable to them are my detailed recommendations for next steps, and then begin to do the tasks.
I’m changed my Pricing Matrix, and want YOU to be the first to know about it. Soon, I will be scaling my agency to provide new media agency services to global online non profit education and holistic brand marketing clients. (If this sounds fancy and complicated, that’s because it is.) I’m going to be charging more for my time, and hire an outside team to manage, so that I can offer more of my expertise to bigger and bigger clients.My Service Packages are still VERY affordable, when compared to entrepreneurs that are stationary. My traveling expenses are less than the living expenses of other comparable-quality consultants and agencies. But, they have to charge more than I do, because they have much more overhead. It is my pleasure to offer competitive rates for kind, professional, and expert services.
Web & Schedule Changes
My new website upgrades will be happening gradually. A new template has been put into place, which offers more versatility and promotional abilities. The end-game is to have a new shop up and running this summer. I am going to produce an e-book catalogue with live links, and will post it when finished of course. This e-book will help promote the various products that I own. The new shop will be linked to the e-book.Currently, you can see my full products and inventions catalogue at: http://thealishaproject.com/products.
Here’s What I’m Up To Lately (Image Gallery):
Let’s Be Unafraid (my NEW Haiku title)
It’s taken a little while to ground, but I’m pleased to share my NEW 56-page paperback FULL COLOR Haiku book! This is my second Haiku book, filled with 35+ never before seen creative wordplay expressions. Do not hold any serious expectations, as these Haikus range from funny, provocative, inspirational, and even sexy! Take this book for your personal bedside library, coffee, or tea table… for adults only! Click on image to visit sales page. <FYI The cost is a bit high, but this color Art book cost more to produce.>
goo.gl/B3ReLj <————CLICK ON THE LINK to see a list of almost all of the holistic treatments and therapies I “did” — and am still doing — to continue healing my #brokenjaw I am serious about healing, and have managed to get 2 weeks ahead of jaw healing averages. #dedicationtoself #dedicationtomybody #love If I have been in pain at all, it has taught me that we might all be better for sharing our personal information about healing. This helpful document is my gift to anyone that wants to heal. The list is now dated… I’ve had several more treatments. But, this is the majority of the first phases of healing from #jawsurgery And, I’m saving you thousands of dollars by giving you this information… #trustmeIknow. A sincere thank you for your interest. Pass it on!
View From My Eyes
Relatively fewer downs than ups for certain. But, my world has been inverted and refined since I broke my jaw on the early morning of March 5. I’ve been processing all the emotions, supposed meanings, and truth that is my life. When I feel like “whatever I am is perfect” is when the ups happen. The downs are always surprising, to me, the calculated competitor. I judge myself harshly, in other times. But in the nowness of time, today on May 9 of 2017 in the year of our Lord Trumpkins, I cannot judge. My perceptions and perspectives and reality have all shifted. Inside and outside of me, I am bathing in flux.
I sound over-important……when I talk about my careers, and projects, and dote on my clients. This is because I like to brag about every step I take that ends up going right. Because, I have been in places where every step I took was… not good, healthy, intelligent, etc. This is an observation, not one of my harsh self-judgments. There is a correlation between how much energy I have to heal, and how much I am doing to heal myself. I’ve noticed while healing from jaw surgery, that every iota of energy matters to me, when I’m healing a system inside my body. In more ways than one, I am discovering that my body seems like its own vast Universe… somehow we all have one (you and me), and they mostly all have the same needs (physical, emotional, psychological, sexual, sensual, etc.). As May opens and blooms, the deserts here in Arizona are already arid, but still cool in the evenings. I have opened my door every evening for the past two weeks… what joy to feel this desert town cool down. The range from hot day to cool night, and all the self-care has got me feeling present and aware.
Making GainsEmotions are the #1 indicator of whether someone with a health challenge will heal and remain illness-free. Or, whether they will lapse into a cycle of illness. This is the message that I have heard loud and clear from literally dozens of top medical doctors. It seems to me a natural wonder, that emotions can be the wellspring of life or death. Okay, I kind of knew that already somehow, intuitively. For me, emotions are indicators of balance, transition, or imbalance. My emotions are in a nice place, with occasional clouds. 😉 I’m not on pharmaceuticals, which (coming from my family) is a rarity. I’m spending energy to ensure emotional balance, including taking mild natural/nutritional supplements that keep my brain healthy and active. I’m learning that my emotions seem to be well-balanced when I am physically whole. My natural focus with having a broken jaw, is to take all the care I can, of myself. This is a new way of life for me. Again, never before have I taken care of myself so well. So… emotionally… I’m MAKING GAINS
Physical GainsNot a pleasant way to frame the topic. Especially, since I am in pain often. Physically, I am “mostly able” to lead a normal life. So this is a big win. I could have been hurt worse, as I’ve myself said. There are some messy health challenges that I am in the midst of. But, I am accustomed to facing challenges. So… physically… I’m MAKING GAINS. There are some physical challenges to working on my careers, that breaking my jaw did not plan for. Hahah I am thinking of some funny/embarrassing moments, and you can ask me when you see me. Let me say that I have often felt physically disabled, because I broke my jaw. Yes, that’s to be expected. But, there are many details of living life in “that reality” that are hard to otherwise imagine. Physical friendships have been missing from my life while I heal, except in rare occasions. I’ve been more or a Phone/Text friend, than in in-person friend, to my friends. Honestly, I did not feel like “going out” to feel physically or socially awkward around my friends. (This is my pride talking, haha.) But, for some reasons that I isolated my physical self, I did feel like I “would be back” soon. I’ve learned that — even when alone — there is always a potential for drama, when I am not properly socialized. 😉 I used to throw parties for a living, no joke, and for many reasons I feel comfortable being around many people. (Especially, when everyone is dancing.) You can imagine even my jaw’s confusion, when breaking my jaw prevented me from being more social. #solitaryperson #that’scoolwithmethough #releasecontrol
SocialityDuring the past several weeks, I have been posting, in lieu of normalized socialization. It “sort of” works. But really, if I were hard core about my health, perhaps I would have chosen a ‘wave-free’ / non-radio-active environment. But, I didn’t because I couldn’t, I felt. And so, being away from everyone… I am very much accustomed to being part of a social scene. Even in normaly, I have many real, offline, 3D+ friends, who I sincerely love, enjoy being around, and taking time to spend time with. As I tend to do: #ilovemyclients #ilovemycareers #realtalk
Thank YOU! Whether in-person……or on the telephone, or Skype, or E-mail and text and messenger, I want to THANK those who have been around me on a regular basis through my healing. I was humbled to have many people caring for me, and bringing me good laughs by text, phone, and in-person (<— the bravest ones). Recently, I returned from a trip to Sedona where I got to hug a lot of people I care about. I hung out with a half-dozen of my local yocal friends, and I got my laughing “in” and felt great smiling while feeling more confident about what that smile looks like and needs.
Career-iosity News UpsOn the ups side, I have a lot of my projects currently in bloom. I’m seeing some relative payoff from fostering real relationships, which brings me hope. CLICK HERE to read my latest news from the previous week. It will be more specific with details than this post is. Above and beyond last weeks news, I’m busy on projects that really light me up. In April, my life got a lot cooler and fun, when compared to March. First, I got my jaw unwired, which of course was life-changing. Then, I submitted my photographic art to a prestigious children’s museum, and was accepted and offered a 3-month exhibition. I had put together a winning proposal, that smoothed the path there. So knowing that my design and copywriting work — which is authentic (for the record) — worked… is way cool. (This helped me to feel more proficient at opening my own doors, instead of always asking fate to do it.) Another BIG DEAL for me in April, was that I FINALLY FINISH-FINISHED my upcoming book The First 5 Project Planning Lessons. Took 2-years and now I know more than when I started. Also in April, I was able to post a range of graphic training goods, like leadership planning charts. I did a website revision, and helped one of my dedicated clients to finish a big print materials project. I got new daily glasses with UV coatings to protect my eyes from blue light on screens (laptop, cell phone, etc.). If you’re on my IG @alishatheexplorer or my FB @theAlishaproject you will often see my glasses. Five jumbo art post cards that I shot, designed, and printed, went on sale at Jarrod’s Coffee, Tea & Gallery in Mesa, AZ (on Main Street). Oh, and Haiku book second edition release, and the launch of Jack Stuler Foundation at Phoenix Art Museum‘s InFocus lecture event… a client I have been working with for 10-months. So much progress. So, so much more even than I care to type here, as it is all still in-process.
In May, I have already had some career MAKING GAINS moments.
- Introduced 2 hard working people who may be doing business together soon
- I was interviewed by Lainie Sevante Wulkan for Zeta Global Radio about bees
- I sent my The First 5 Project Planning Lessons to my potential publisher/marketer, and he likes it
- Have attracted 4 different leads for new clients or new project work
- Have booked 1 new client, and are continuing on 2 projects for a dedicated client
- Learned to eat solid foods even through any pain (which I’m sure absolutely affects and improves my abilities to support clients)
- I purchased the materials I needed to complete an accessory design project
Coming Soon (written back then a few days ago)Privately, I will continue on my #jawjourney, and have appointments set-up with some doctors that can help heal me. Including, trying out Dr. Barry Goldberg DC, with the referral from my holistic dentist, Dr. Nicholas Meyer. Setting and going to these appointments is a big deal for me, and they are what I look forward to during the week, in between my career and family/friends focus. I’ve been in intensifying pain the last 3-weeks, and my appointment with Dr. Goldberg may actually solve much of the pain. (I am hoping!) I’ll still keep staying strong physically, emotionally, and staying present to do my best in all situations… because the alternative (NOT doing this) is not better. Specific to May, I am hoping to meet in-person some of my new clients, traveling also for health treatments related to my jaw and general health, and visiting my existing clients. I am hoping to book 1-2 new projects, and earn my way to a few destination retreat experiences that are available on my plate. Before my jaw surgery I had recorded a video interview with health event and media producer, Rudolf de Wit. (If you go to his Summer 2017 events, use my coupon code: UCAFS007 to get a coupon discount.) Back to Rudolf and me, our segment was spent talking about my inaugural instrumental music album titled, “Meet Me There“. Perhaps this month, the interview will be posted. In the way of getting back to my travel lifestyle, I’m doing some planning and may soon be headed on a little trip to Montana… then maybe Colorado, Oregon, then California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and if I’m lucky Chicago. These are my goals, and all of them include projects from the road, and also on-site with my clients. June and July and August are in the ether. I can’t see them in my visions at all right now.
Today (written earlier tonight)One major change from who I was “before my fainting spell” and who I am today, is that I am a whole next level of honest and authentic. Through this exercise to mend myself at deep physical levels, I am found. I have learned that I desire truth and love above all else in my life. Being honest about “where I’m at” is an absolute must. I am getting good at it, but I am still learning to take the best possible care of myself so that I can heal from my more serious injuries. Why did it take (yet) another health crisis to help me learn that? Oh wait… because it was my fate.
This MomentI’m at peace with my fate. I have to be, or the alternative is simply a sad ending. I’m pleased to be finishing this post, sitting in my studio at my mother’s home, looking out the front window onto the grass, and the sun is about to go down. Just a minute, I need to go see it. 30 minutes later: The sunset I just watched was inspiring, and mesmirizing, and helped me to work some ideas out of my head. Pain left my head earlier today, and I know that probably is “weird” to read. Everyone understands what pain is. Some people avoid it. Some gravitate towards expressing it. Intense pain at length is NOT my favorite type. I’ve been in moderate pain for 3-weeks. And after today’s appointment with Dr. Barry Goldberg in Phoenix (holistic chiropractor and craniopath), I am more pain free than I have been in 3-weeks. This is new… and in my reality, an appointment this afternoon is the reason I feel well enough to finish this piece. Life is so good.
- The Jack Stuler Foundation recently launched. This was a 10-month planning process. We are up-and-running with wind in our sails. If you like behind the scenes info: Next steps are website revisions, awards programs planning, and naming of a new business that the Foundation will own. Jack Stuler passed in 2015, but his work is already regarded as highly collectible. If you are a fan of mid-century, black and white photography, then Jack is your man. From everything I have learned about him, Jack was THE man. I’m sorry that I didn’t get to meet him, but I certainly “feel” him while I work with his daughter Sabina Kelly-Allen on this project. #artmatters #jackstulerfoundation #supportartists
- Speaking of photography, I am pleased to announced that my “Pin and Eye” photographic series is going to become more well-known. I currently have 5 selected prints from a larger collection, now featured in “museum quality” jumbo art post cards, currently sold only at Jarrod’s Coffee, Tea & Gallery, in Mesa, AZ. I was able to both successfully plan out and design elements for the sales display.
- And still, “Pin and Eye” photographs will be featured all summer long at the one-of-a-kind Children’s Museum of Phoenix! This is my first-ever exhibition of this photographic series. 6 pieces have been selected to be placed in the “Pit Stop” area of the museum, and I am also donating a special piece for their front lobby… let’s just say this is all going to be #adorable. I will confirm details of the dates for exhibition, and invite all of my friends to take their kids to go and see the installations. I also have a special announcement to make about this project as installation begins, near the end of May 2017.
- Something that I haven’t mentioned in a while, is the 2017 Retails Sales Catalogue for my client, Harmonic Arts Botanical Dispensary (Vancouver Island, BC). I had a wonderful experience working with their executive team and graphic designer/typographer through the Winter on this project. The company recently launched the new catalogue at a specialty consumer expo, and I’m told it was well-received. A printed copy of the catalogue is being sent to me, and I will be thrilled to see it in full color. The next projects I am working on with this top-choice client of mine, are related to e-book publishing and web branding. I am excited to announce that I have helped to organize, edit and co-author their upcoming e-book… more details to come.
- Speaking of books, my debut self-help title The First 5 Project Planning Lessons will be ready for release in early May! This project has taken me two years to complete, and is a labor of love because I will be giving it away for free to all adults and mature teens. You can learn all about this project by looking at my blog. Other (working) titles upcoming for this year include: Book of Real Prayers and Dreams Made Manifest (workbook manual), a second Haiku book, and a ‘personal-narratives-meets-journal-entries’ manuscript called Gate Codes. That’s not all… haha… you can click into my full product catalogue page to see everything that I have announced and in-the-works.
- It has been 9-months since I was last interviewed about bees. The last time was in Colorado. If you did not know, my nickname, Alisha Bee, comes from my passion for community bees awareness and education efforts. This Thursday, April 27, I will once again be happy to talk with Lainie Sevante Quirk at Zeta Global Radio about the current plight of the bees. She is an amazing creative producer currently living in New Mexico, and her program is broadcast online all over the world. We have worked together on the radio and events since our 2013 BeesWeek project at University of New Mexico. At that time, Lainie was co-producing a huge film festival that my BeesWeek activities were a part of. If you do not know about bees, or if you want to know what’s currently happening in their world, then I hope you won’t want to miss this show. I will post a show air link when it becomes available.
- Recently, I learned that I had made a little money that I didn’t expect to, from referring people to BodyMind Institute’s plethora of professional instruction courses. I have been working and in contact with Lars Gustafsson, the founder of BMI, since 2013. He is actually the person who supported my early efforts to begin on my forthcoming self-help book, The First 5 Project Planning Lessons. Here’s a list of the other courses and offerings that I am hoping my new book will be listed beside.
- Lastly, Thank You to everyone that has kept my spirits up during the last 6 weeks post-surgery. It was at that time that I had surgery to repair a broken jaw, caused by a self-incurred accident that I had in Nevada. The reality of living with a jaw that doesn’t function perfectly, has been eye-opening. You won’t find me mincing words from now on, because I know now how important being able to speak clearly and essentially, is. The love and care that I have given to myself, coupled with the love and care incoming from many of my friends and online acquaintances, has been inspiring. It will be my pleasure to pass the same high-quality love to others. Currently, I can open my mouth, and am beginning to eat solid foods, again. But, there is still a lot of metal in my mouth. In about 2-weeks, my wired jaw journey will be coming to an end. (Pssst… of course, there’s likely a publishing announcement to be made, as I start to record and reflect on my healing experience and how it might help others going through jaw surgery recovery.) I will be thankful to continue on with my #jawjourney, as I still have other, smaller challenges to face and correct, stemming from this same accident.
If you want to read…what’s shown under the cover images, you’ll have a sense of what this post is about. I am announcing that there has been both a title name change and a cover design change for my long-standing literary project. This project has been a passion of mine, and one of the biggest professional challenges to date for me to complete “on a budget.”
Some Context2+ years ago, Lars Gustafsson, who is one of my friendly mentors, changed my life. He offered me a challenge, disguised as an opportunity. I took the bait, and before I knew it, I was neck-deep in expanded planning. I was offered a chance to be a faculty member at BodyMind Institute. I said yes, and I was to create an e-course based upon the proposal that I had given Lars. Yeah, 2 years ago!
Have you ever taught a class?I have, and what I’ve ended up writing with The First 5 Project Planning Lessons book (being released soon), I have gone from one spectrum to the other, in what it is that I am all about. I’ve never written my very own book, based on my very own inner knowledge and experience. I am often a researcher, able to learn quickly from others, and then distribute that information to people that want to learn. Or, I am an artist that is expressive in Haiku. However you slice that writing pie, I have turned an e-course into a book.
Why did it take 2 years?Although, I first intended an e-course, with videos and worksheets, I did not find understanding there. In hindsight of the past 2 years, I know now that I needed to first nail-down what it is that I know. The very, very first concept I pitched to Lars — before we settled on another version of it — was based off of content that had come from one of my voice recorded lectures. The second version was like a prequel to the first idea. I needed to back-up and explain more information before assuming that people would understand me. And it needed to be more brief as an initial offering.
The Final ProductThe new cover design of my upcoming book release entitled The First 5 Project Planning Lessons is the most essential way I can express what it is I have written. I will be able to release more details, after Lars has a look at this book. My desire is to offer this book online for free to students and registered online members at BodyMindInstitute.com website. My desire is to also sell printed copies of this book online, for those that desire a workbook-type feel.
My next steps are easier for me than writing a book.There is still some coordination work to be done. I am barely finished with the final-final edit. Now, I am printing off a copy of the book to ensure quality. And of course moving on there is always going to be ad/marketing content to create (which is easier for me than writing training content). Cart-after-horse, I still need to get a yes from Lars in the first place. I’m realistic as a marketer. So, if Lars is unable to carry the title at BodyMind Institute, then I will begin on my next phase, and make the next phase the keystone of my plan. What is that? I see that I can always give the title away to clients and students of all the professionals that I know. That would be fun for me to do, too. After all of this is finished, then I will turn my focus onto creating an audio/video podcast accelerated version of the training information that is in my upcoming book.
There are more lessons?!Yes. This book project is the first leg of what will be at least 20 “chapters” — or lessons as I am often calling them. They will not be free after this first launched version. Why do I think that I am ready to teach on leadership and project coordination? I have been in service as a sidekick, technician, and advisor to executives, CEOs, and Fortune 500 companies since 2000. I have been working in the marketing and entertainment realms as a business owner for 17 years this June. I’m ready to get what I know how to-do, out into the world. Giving the book away for free to students and clients makes sense to me, because in order for one to know that they love to make progress, they need mentorship and training on how-to accomplish that. Learning how-to be smarter as a leader and project coordinator is a common sense skillset to have. More than ever now in this modern day, I see that life both alone and together is complex. But, the information I am presenting will always be as simplified and personable as possible. Ages 12 to adult can use this information, which will last a lifetime, and is measurable in value.
What will you get out of this book, if you were to read it?Look for more details coming soon. In the meantime, here are some treats. CLICK HERE to see all the other pros at BodyMind Institute. CLICK HERE to see Lars’ own famous free webinar e-course. And thank you kindly for reading!
I am pleased to have just released the updated Second Edition of my original Haiku book, “We Are Each That Girl”. In this 50-page book, philosophy meets play. CLICK HERE to visit my full catalogue page for more details and the sales link. Cost is less than $10.00 USD. Satisfaction guaranteed. 😉